This was so filling that I won’t be able to sleep for another 3 hours! Incredibly delicious and easy to make. All you need is the mini pumpkin(bumpkin) and anything you have in the fridge to fill it up. Here is the recipe.
- 1 mini pumpkin known as bumpkin bumpkin, you can also use a normal pumpkin or butternut
- 2 handful of spinach (you can also use any other greens you have in the fridge)
- Fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- sliced 2 strips of bacon (VEGAN: you can leave it out, and use a bit of nutritional yeast)
- handful of mozzarella or any other cheese (VEGAN: leave it out)
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- raw buckwheat
- salt, pepper and a bit of fresh lemon juice.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the open pumpkin on a large baking tray. Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes until tender.
When cooked leave a bit to cool. Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl add sliced bacon, garlic, spinach, parsley, lemon, cheese, thyme, salt and pepper. Scoop out the inside flesh of the pumpkin and transfer in to a mixing bowl. Mix until combined and fill the pumpkin shell with it. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and raw buckwheat. Return to oven for about 30 min or less.
- Coconut water (or plain water or sparkling)
- Handful of organic berries
Mix everything together and you have a yummy healthy juice. If you have a “frizzer” you can use this recipe for it. Add sweetener (honey, stevia, rice malt syrup) if not sweet enough.