My last day at work today and I decided to do a special cake! Raw Pineapple Caramel cake. It was going to be the best one I have made this year though. I made a coconut almond and ginger crust, which was sweet and crunchy, and for the filling I used coconut and cashews to make it deliciously creamy and dreamy. I then combined half with pineapple, and also made a pineapple caramel later to make the cake even more pretty and delicious. It turned out pretty amazing, but I did a “minor” beginner mistake which I left out of the recipe for you guys. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- pinch of sea salt
- a chunk of fresh ginger
- 10-12 soft medjool dates, pitted and chopped
To prepare the base add all of the ingredients into the food processor, until the mixture holds together when squeezed between your fingers (if not holding together, add more dates). Firmly press crust into the bottom of the prepared pan, and set aside.
- 2 cups raw cashews (preferably soaked overnight and drained)
- 2 cups young coconut meat (or additional soaked cashews if unavailable)
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup raw coconut nectar, raw agave nectar or raw honey
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter or coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract and seeds from half a vanilla bean
- 1 cup fresh organic pineapple
- lime juice
To make the filling, combine cashews with coconut meat, coconut water, coconut nectar, sea salt and vanilla, pineapple in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy, at the end add the cacao butter. Add onto the base.
- 6 medjool dates, pitted (soaked if not already soft)
- 1/2 cup fresh organic pineapple
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
For the caramel, combine dates, coconut oil and pineapple in the food processor and process until smooth.
Add onto the cream and place in the freezer for about 4 hours to firm up.