Passionfruit season is here and it’s time to make a smaller version of a Raw Passionfruit Cheesecake! Another day and another beautiful Raw Recipe for you and your loved ones to treasure your bodies with. Today’s insanely healthy and nourishing raw dessert dish is one of my all time favorites, a crowd pleaser none the less. This dessert is delicious with a bit of crunch and vanilla essence in it.
1/2 cup Brazil Nuts (or any other nuts)
2 cups shredded coconut (if you dant want coconut, add more brazil nuts/almonds/cashews etc.)
5 TBSP date paste (6 dates)
2 cups cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
¼ cup of liquid Vanilla
1 can of coconut milk (or almond)
¾ cup rice malt syrup (or coconut sugar/honey etc.)
1/2 cup of melted Cacao Butter
pinch of salt salt
1 TBSP psyllium husk ( you can omit if you cant find this)
1 cup of Passion Pulp
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1 TBSP lemon juice
1. Soak cashews in cold water overnight or for 4 hours.
2. Soak the pitted dates and pecans for one hour before using.
3. Add the dates, pecans, almonds and desiccated coconut to a food processor, blend for around 3 minutes or until all the nuts are finely chopped. Place the mixture into the base of tart tin, make sure the mixture is pushed in well. The mixture should be 1cm deep. Place into the freezer.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients for the cream into the blender and blend until the mixture is creamy and thick. Pour the mixture onto the base and spread evenly.
5. Mix the ingredients for the Passionfruit Sauce. Pour into the tin. Start from the outside and in a circular pattern pour in circling to the middle. Then grab a knife and swirl and swirl until you have a well marbled effect. Pop in the freezer to set for around 5 hours or until firm to touch.
Photographer Žiga Zupančič