I love this recipe because I love pasta and noodles, but because the ordinary pasta is not that good for you, we decided to eat veggie pasta! I know I know: raw carrots taste nothing like pasta. But that doesn’t mean we can’t twirl them around like real noodles and/or get all Lady and the Tramp with someone we looovee. With the right sauce combo, we are in for a treat!
- 3 large carrots, peeled and spiralled into noodles
- 1 beetroot or zucchini, peeled and spiralled into noodles and put into cold water
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews (optional – not raw)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Wash carrots well, peel them, and pat them dry. Do the same with your beetroot or zucchini. Using your noodle maker, make noodles out of all of the veggies. Put the spiralled beetroot into cold water. Place all of your veggie noodles into a large serving bowl. Pour the Ginger-Lime Almond Sauce over the noodles and gently toss together (I use my hands for this part).
Ginger-Lime Almond Sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Kosher salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until smooth and creamy.