Like I’ve said, I have big news! My raw desserts are now for sale! I’ve met up with the owner of Organic Jam Cafe and presented my idea of serving raw desserts to his costumers.
As many of you know I have been in culinary training with Raw Food Chef Rene Archner. This allowed me to pursue my love for organic and plant-based food, but it sometimes gets a bit boring making all these yummy desserts for yourself. In New Zealand I’ve noticed that the popularity of Raw Food is growing fast! Many different Auckland Cafes are starting to serve healthy Raw Food cabinet desserts.
My proposal to Organic Jam was to add a healthy raw tart to their menu. The owner was very keen and it all started! My raw tarts are selling out! Here is the first cake that was sold and of course the recipe to go with it 🙂
I’m incredibly happy that I can see my tarts selling and the opportunity to gain the experience. This is a one month trial and then we will see how we go!
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 4 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups of cashews
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
1. Soak cashews in cold water overnight.
2. Soak the pitted dates and pecans for one hour before using.
3. Add the dates, pecans, almonds and desiccated coconut to a food processor, blend for around 3 minutes or until all the nuts are finely chopped. Place the mixture into the base of tart tin, make sure the mixture is pushed in well. The mixture should be 1cm deep. Place into the freezer.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until the mixture is creamy and thick. Pour the mixture onto the base and spread evenly.
5. Store in the freezer for four to eight hours before serving and then in the fridge.