HOHOHO everyone! Merry Christmas from Teresamisu! For this festive day I’ve made a recipe that is absolutely divine, not only is it nut free it’s also sugar free and raw. It’s very easy to make and the colours are perfect for a winter snowy Christmas. Inspiration from Fragrant Vanilla Cake.
- 2/3 cup raw sprouted buckwheat groats (or additional coconut or oats)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup dried finely shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup soft medjool dates, pitted and chopped (if they are not soft, soak them in water until they are and drain them well)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- *Coconut yogurt
- 2 Tbsp organic lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup raw coconut nectar, raw agave nectar or raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract and seeds from half a vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp raw coconut butter (warmed to liquid)
- ¼ cup pomegranate
- 4 cups young coconut meat*
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 tsp probiotic powder
For the yogurt, combine the coconut and coconut water in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add the probiotics and blend until mixed in. Place in a bowl and cover. Let sit out on the counter overnight or until it tastes tangy like yogurt. Place in the fridge to chill.
Lightly coat a 7 inch spring form removable bottom pans with coconut oil.
To prepare the crust, process flax, coconut, buckwheat and sea salt in a food processor until fine crumbs, then add the dates and ginger and process until the mixture holds together when squeezed between your fingers (if not holding together, add more dates). Firmly press crust into the bottom of the prepared pan, and set aside.
To make the filling, in a high speed blender or food processor, combine coconut yogurt, lemon juice and zest, coconut nectar, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. With the processor running, add the coconut butter and and process for a minute until blended. At the end stir in the pomegranate. Fill onto the crust.
Place in the freezer for 4 hours or until set. When ready to serve, garnish with pomegranate.