Who doesn’t love a good Banoffee Pie? Well this is the healthy version and I swear when you taste this Raw Banoffee Pie you will never ever touch the nasty full of sugar one. This recipe was a inspiration from a amazing blog called Julia & Libby. These two ladies make incredible healthy nourishing desserts – I’m an absolute fan of their website!
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 4 tbsp of date paste (5 soaked dates blended with a bit of water)
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of rice malt syrup
- 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter or almond
- 2x 400g cans of coconut milk or cream. (These need to be kept in the fridge overnight, a layer of cream will form on top. This is used for the top layer of the pie.)
- vanilla and honey
1. In a food processor blend the base ingredients until they are blended finely. Press into a pie dish and make sure the crust is 0.5 cm’s thick so it doesn’t crack when taken out of the dish. Place in the freezer.
2. Blend all the filling ingredients together until smooth. Place onto the base of the pie and then set in freezer for 10 minutes.
3. To make the topping, Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours (or overnight). This will cause the cream to separate from the milk. Open the can of coconut milk and scrape out the cream into a medium sized bowl. Hint: I always open the can from the bottom and pour the milk out into a separate container before scraping out the cream. You can use the saved milk for smoothies and other recipes. Add the vanilla and raw honey.
4. Whip the cream with a hand mixer until fluffy. Put on your pie and decorate.